16 reasons to Visit Drummond/ North Elmsley
A world heritage destination
Bordered by the historic Rideau River Waterway to the south and the Mississippi River to the northwest, this charming area
welcomes boaters from around the world and celebrates the history of boating during their biennial signature event, the Rideau Ferry Vintage Boat Regatta. Navigate through the picturesque hamlets of Port Elmsley, Balderson, Innisville, Ferguson’s Falls, Drummond Centre, Wayside and legendary Rideau Ferry to get the most out of your visit.
Make a Memory
- Explore the picturesque lockstations of Port Elmsley, Poonamalie and Beveridges lock along the Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Swim in the sunshine at Rideau Ferry Beach
- Watch the boats float past at Rideau Ferry Public Docks
- Taste a variety of world-famous cheeses in the quaint Village of Balderson
- Experience Lanark County’s liquid gold at Temple’s Sugar Camp Restaurant during maple season
- Bring home the finest homemade pies, maple syrup and locally grown foods from legacy farm store, Coutts Country Flavours
- Find your ancestors and share stories with the volunteers at Archives Lanark
- Wander through the Butterfly Garden at Perth Wildlife Reserve
- Hike the Rideau Trail or bike The Great Trail
- Learn a trade at Algonquin College
- Rejuvenate yourself with Tay River Reflections Medical Esthetics
- Hear the songbirds at Mississippi Lake National Wildlife Area Bird Sanctuary
- Paddle at Blueberry Marsh, McIntyre Creek or Ferguson’s Falls Community Hall boat launches
- Watch a movie at the Port Elmsley Drive-in Theatre
- Catch a live band at CC’s on the Rideau
Did you Know?
- Drummond North Elmsley is home to champion Ian Millar, internationally renowned equestrian and Olympic Gold Medalist.
History: The Township of Drummond/North Elmsley was created in 1998 by the merging of the Townships of Drummond and North Elmsley. It is located in central Lanark County and has a population of 7,773.
It is a mostly rural Municipality and is bounded by the Historic Rideau River Waterway to the south and the Mississippi River to the north-west. It includes the Hamlets of Rideau Ferry, Port Elmsley, Balderson, Innisville and Ferguson’s Falls. The southern portion of the Municipality features many lakes,rivers and mixed forests while the more western and northern areas feature rolling hills and fertile farmland. The Township is considered the southern gateway to Lanark County’s “Maple Trail.”
Signature Event: Rideau Ferry Regatta
Township of Drummond/North Elmsley
310 Port Elmsley Road, R.R.#5
Perth, ON K7H 3C7