1. Maple Weekend – April 6 & 7
Get a first-hand look at how maple is made, from tree to table. This is your first chance to taste this year’s harvest, right from the farm.
2. Sugar Season at Wheelers – now until mid-April
Access to 14 kilometers of cross-country ski and snowshoe trails, two on-site museums, or enjoy a traditional pancake meal by the stone fireplace in the restaurant.
3. Maple Harvest at Fulton’s – now until April 22
Over 170 years and 5 generations of experience in every bottle. More than syrup! Try maple lotion, maple bbq sauce, maple mustard …
4. 27th Annual Pancake Brunch – April 13
Lively pancake lovers fill the room to enjoy a traditional brunch featuring pancakes made from a secret family recipe. Arrive at Maberly Hall between 10am and 1pm.
5. Fly-in Breakfast – June 2 at Russ Beach Airport
Share a meal with over 40 pilots that fly-in on their small aircrafts from eastern Ontario and western Quebec, a community tradition since 1964. Arrive at Russ Beach airport between 7:30am to 11:30 am.
6. Brewery Tours – March 3, 24, 30 and April 13, 21
Learn about craft beer on a bus from Ottawa , visit the Ashton Brew Pub, Stalwart Brewery, Perth Brewery & Top Shelf Distillers or the NEW Braumeister!
7. 43rd annual Festival of the Maples – April 27
Experience the grand finale of maple season at our sweetest celebration. Maple syrup, live music, kid’s activities, and classic cars.
8. Snow Road Breakfast at the Clubhouse – 1st and 3rd Saturday in March
Get together for a home-made breakfast with the local community at the snowmobile club at Snow Road station.
9. The Good Food Tour – Thursdays to Sundays, May to October
Sample local specialties and hear rich and interesting stories of friendly Almonte (Fridays & Sundays) or the historic murals of Carleton Place (Thursdays & Saturdays) on a guided 3-hour tour.
10. Farmers Markets – Saturday Mornings