The Railway Museum of Eastern Ontario has celebrated its 100th anniversary, and is located in the CN Railway Station, a National Historic Site.
The Heritage House museum offers children’s workshops, holiday events, and various cultural exhibits. There is also a gift shop.
The museum’s gift shop sells interesting artifacts, such as this jewelry made from antique silverware!
Come and see one or both of these culturally rich museums yourself, or check out the other events and attractions Smiths Falls has to offer by checking out the town website.
Don’t miss a look at the historic Bascule Bridge while you’re here!
Self Guided Walking Tour: Architecture Galore in Smiths Falls
As a crossroads for the railway, the Rideau Canal, and the highway, Smiths Falls has historically been industrial town. Major businesses like Frost & Wood, Canadian Northern Railway, RCA Victor, Hershey’s Chocolate and Stanley Tools left their mark in this community, not only through employment, but also through architecture. Wander through the town of Smiths Falls and tour 21 architecturally and locally significant buildings from a fresh perspective and stop to take a closer look at some of the buildings and the stories behind them.
- Cruising Canada’s Rideau Canal aboard a luxury yacht
- PBS Travel Scope: Cruising Ontario – Canada’s Historic Rideau Canal
- PowerBoat TV: LeBoat on PowerBoat Television
- SuperTrax: Riding Day Loops from Smiths Falls Ontario
- TripAdvisor: 15 Things to Do in Smiths Falls
- Rideau Info: History of Smiths Falls
- Inside Ottawa Valley: 5 Fun Things to Do in Smiths Falls for a Day
Town of Smiths Falls
77 Beckwith St N, Smiths Falls, ON K7A 2B8