The grand finale to the month-long maple celebration takes place in downtown Perth on the last Saturday of April each year. Maple products and taffy sales displays of maple syrup production
The grand finale to the month-long maple celebration takes place in downtown Perth on the last Saturday of April each year.
Maple products and taffy sales displays of maple syrup production maple awards entertainment midway pony rides petting zoo & children’s activities. Live musical entertainment over 100 Craft & Artisan Vendors Food Vendors Classic Antique Car Display Emergency Services Safety Demonstrations. Perth Jaycees Pancake Breakfast and much more!
For more information contact The Perth & District Chamber of Commerce at:
Five Insider Tips on Navigating Through the Festival of Maples
This Saturday – it’s when our community wakes up from a long, cold winter and comes out of their homes to celebrate togetherness, spring weather and a whole lot of maple syrup.
While we’ve all seen the photos that showcase the busy vibe lacing down Gore Street in downtown Perth, there are some things you should know to get the possible experience.
So, we’ve decided to put a list together of insider tips to help give you the most memorable experience at Maple Fest (that’s a term from the locals). Ready?
- Best Parking Spot? If you’re going to make a day of it and want to get away quickly, then here are a couple of spots you could check out: The Perth Curling Club parking lot is a great spot, especially if you’re hitting up the pancake breakfast at the Royal Canadian Legion. You get far enough away from the busy traffic where you can enter and exit the Town quickly. Another place? Try out North Street, just west of Wilson Street. You’re a block away from the action, but there’s on-street parking right off the main road.
- Raining? Head to Conway’s. Located at the corner of Herriott and Gore streets, Conway’s Men’s Wear has a solid stock of umbrellas in their shop. It’s also the perfect place to pick something up for dad on Father’s Day.
- Best Place for Lunch? Of course, check out all the local restaurants! But if you want to bring home a memento plus support local initiatives, then head to the booth in front of Art & Class, where the annual Empty Bowls soup sale will take place. You’ll get a bowl of soup and keep the pottery bowl handmade by local artists. It’s a win-win, really.
- Stocking Up? If you’re looking to get ready for the summer season, there are two ways to do that (traditionally) at the Maple Fest. First off: there’s usually a vendor booth that sells golf balls. So. Many. Golf Balls. Secondly? Candy. There’s a vendor who offers bags of candy that’ll delight any child (or adult with an unprecedented passion for gummy worms). You’re welcome!
- Stroller-Savvy? If you plan to bring junior to the Maple Fest, then here’s our advice: snacks, small strollers and…more snacks? It’s a busy setting, so go as early as you can before the crowds grow. You’ll then navigate down the street more easily and then you’ll get back well in time for naptime (for everyone!).
Those are our tips and tricks! Enjoy the Festival!
All Day (Saturday)
80 Gore Street East, Perth, ON