Voyageur Canoe Racing 200m 9-12 noon and 500 m 1-3 pm.** Free Family Racing noon to 1 pm. Free Voyageur Canoe tours with Parks Canada Interpreters Other on Water
- Voyageur Canoe Racing 200m 9-12 noon and 500 m 1-3 pm.**
- Free Family Racing noon to 1 pm.
- Free Voyageur Canoe tours with Parks Canada Interpreters
- Other on Water activities, e.g. SUP and kayak demo
On land activities include:
Canadian Museum of Nature – on site mini workshop lead by professional scientists
- Canadian Canoe Museum – activities and display
- Rideau Roundtable – amphibian display and activities
- Friends of the Rideau, display and activities.
- Ottawa River Keeper, Triclosan Awareness Champion, Children’s activities and WaterStation
- The Paddling Puppeteer and Activities presented by Camp Kawartha – musical puppet show about the cultural and natural history of Ontario’s waterways, and a message about how we can all be water stewards. There is also a host of interactive displays and activities on the above themes. See visit www.paddlingpuppeteers.com and click on “Honest Frankies Shoreline Review.”
- Master Canoe Builder, Chuck Commanda, will be bringing a full size birchbark canoe for display/demonstration at Paddlefest. He will also lead a workshop for adults and youth (10 and up) to learn how to make miniature birchbark canoes,sewn from birchbark. Workshop participants first-come first served, up to 20 can be accommodated, approximately 1.5-2 hours to create your own miniature birchbark canoe.
- The Algonquins of Pikwakanagan will be providing cultural displays and activities.
For further information, please visit: www.smithsfalls.ca
All Day (Saturday)
Lower Reach Park, Smiths Falls, ON
Old Slys Road, Smiths Falls, ON